- If you have a passion for aviation and virtual flight and you strive for excellence, we may be what you're looking for!
- If you also happen to be a fan of the real Allegiant Air, we are proud to fly the colors!
- Sick of being a "number"? Looking for a place to make friends or freedom from the politics and drama of other VA's, you've landed at the right website.
We're all about Options.
Our operations here at Virtual Allegiant Air are built around what our pilots want. One of the first things you will notice is that we don't quite mirror the real Allegiant airline precisely (many people would call us a "loose model" of the real airline).
- While Allegiant flies nothing but MD-80s, we've expanded our fleet to include numerous aircraft. Our members wanted more options than just MD-80s, while still flying the Allegiant colors. By the way... real-world Allegiant loves our expanded fleet!!
We still welcome those who are dedicated to flying the MD-80s, as they are the essence of Allegiant.
- Allegiant is the unofficial "vacation airline". In real life, they profit in connecting small cities to the best vacation destinations in the US. We've expanded that vision to include vacation destinations around the world. Our members asked for more routes to more destinations... we answered.
We're not TNT... We DON'T Know Drama.
One thing you'll notice about us is how relaxed and laid back this VA is. We don't believe in overhead politics or drama. Of course, every group of people is going to have it's issues, but there's a difference in issues... and being afraid to say anything because you're too afraid you'll make someone mad.
Staff members are just regular members with additional duties... not gods.
What is the deal with all these VA's that are ran by dictators? Is this not the USA? C'mon guys! Flying is supposed to be fun. Somewhere in the mix of things, many va's lose sight of that and the management starts tweaking things to better fit the ego's of the higher-ups. Our staff/admin just have some extra jobs around the house. Yes, they are charged with "running" the VA, but that doesn't mean we have to pray to them!
So... What do You Want?
- Do you want to forget about overhead politics and drama so commonly present in other va's?
- Do you want to choose which plane you feel like flying today or do you want to stay strictly with the MD-80?
- Do you want to fly to Orlando-Sanford on an actual Allegiant route... or do you want to take a long haul to the beautiful vacation destinations of London or Paris?
- Do you want to submit your PIREP thru FSPassengers, FSACARS, or manually through our website?
At vAAY, It's Your Choice!
- Flight Simulator
- A VATSIM account with at least 20 Flight Hours logged
- A working knowledge of IFR flight procedures and ATC interaction.
- You must be willing to make at least one flight per 31 days!
- You must be 18 or older. Not yet 18? We can waive the requirement on a case-by-case basis after a meeting on Teamspeak.
Don't have a VATSIM account? Maybe you aren't quite a pro at IFR flight procedures or ATC interaction... we are currently working on opening our Training Department, which will soon be available to get you ready to face the world of VATSIM and airline flight as a Virtual Allegiant pilot. Apply anyhow, and we'll get the ball rolling.
We also recommend having Teamspeak, as we are a personal group of friends and interact frequently using Teamspeak... but it's not mandatory.
Other Pages to View
- Take a look at our welcome message, which briefly describes our virtual airline a little better.
- When your done with that, we'll explain how we operate.
- Check out what we fly on our Fleet page.
- Take a quick look at our rank structure.
"I'm just looking at your website for informational purposes."
"I'm interested, and I've got a few questions, but I don't have Teamspeak."
- You can relay any questions you may have directly to Patrick, our Interim Membership Administrator through his Contact page.
- Please understand that we highly recommend having Teamspeak as it is a venue to meet and interact with everyone else... and make friends.
- You can get Teamspeak by clicking here.